Arizona Department of Child Safety Support for Child(ren) in Foster Care:
- Monthly Reimbursement
- Respite Care
- DES Approved Day Care
- Health Insurance
Onward Hope, Inc. Support:
- On-Site Notarization and Fingerprinting Services
- Free Advanced Education Training*
- Free Childcare for all Advanced Education Training*
- Foster & Adoptive Family Mentoring
- A dedicated Family Support Specialist
- 24-hour assistance
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Annual Spring Gathering and Holiday Event
- Community/Organization Donations: This includes opportunities to receive blankets, diapers, clothing, toiletries, food, complimentary tickets to community and sporting events.
- Support Groups
- Foster and Adoptive Parents
- Children in Foster Care
- Biological Children
As an organization, Onward Hope, requires additional criteria:
- Commit to Love
- Be Patient with our Children and the system
- Exhibit excellent communication skills
- Be open to and trust the process, it takes 3-4 months
- CPR/First Aid Training to be current for all foster/adoptive parents
Requirements to become a Foster/Adoptive Parent
Onward Hope, Inc. is licensed through the Offie of Licensing and Regulation(OLR- Licensing Authority) as a Child Placing and Licensing Agency and is contracted with the Arizona Department of Child Safety to provide Home Recruitment, Study,Supervision, and foster parent pre-service Training.
To become a licensed foster parent in the State of Arizona you must meet this minimum criteria:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Married, Single, Co-habitating, or Partnered
- Have an adequate income to support your own family’s need.
- Have a safe and gender/age appropriate living space for a child in foster care, including a permanent bed and dresser/closet space.
- Provide personal references that can attest to your ability to interact with or take care of children.
- Pass a criminal background check and obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Provide a physician’s statement verifying your emotional and physical health
- Complete all pre-service training classes provided by Onward Hope, Inc.